For a click-and-pawl fly reel in a class of its own, choose the Orvis Battenkill.
- The proven legend, ushered into the next decade
- Smoother operation from tightened tolerances
- Kink-free leader storage from a curved reelfoot
- Audible, positive outgoing click
- Standard arbor with a ported design
- Built of 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum with an ergonomic Delrin handle
- Battenkill Click I is 2.8” for 1–3wt. rods,
- Battenkill Click II is 3" for 3–5wt.
- Battenkill Click III is 3.25" for 5–7wt.
Some get it done with a drag system, but some prefer to put a running fish in the palm of their hand—exactly why we’ll always offer click-and-pawl fly reels like the proven legend of the Orvis Battenkill family. Ushered into the next decade with key design improvements, the Battenkill reel offers reliability and a workhorse nature we didn't touch—those aspects are not for negotiation. Instead, the team worked to tighten tolerances for even smoother operation and updated facets of the design like improved hand feel, a curved reelfoot that won’t kink leaders, and new understated colors that complement the aesthetic of Superfine®, Classic Bamboo, or even freshwater Helios™ and Recon® rods. Each reel is built of 6061-T6 aircraft aluminum with an ergonomic Delrin® handle, and changing from left to right hand retrieve is simple. Standard arbor with a ported design that pays homage to Battenkill reels of old. A true modern classic.
Battenkill Click I is 2.8" diameter for 1-3wt. rods, II is 3" for 3-5wt. and III is 3.25" for 5-7wt.