Tibor Billy Pate Tarpon Reel
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
The standard for the high performance fly reel.
1975 was a hallmark year for the fly fishing world. It was then that Ted Juracsik introduced his first Anti-Reverse Tarpon Reel designated the Billy Pate.
This series now includes three Anti-Reverse models, for rod weights 6-12. No other reel has matched the Billy Pate’s durability and dependability day in day out, year after year, regardless of conditions, locale or species. This precision piece of equipment is designed and constructed to withstand the most demanding fly fishing environments. As with all reels that leave Ted’s shop, the Billy Pate is virtually maintenance free.
While there are over 350 World Records that attest to its performance, you don’t have to be interested in records to appreciate this reel. If you know your fly fishing history, you know this is the reel that set the hook.
- Redesigned Frame Graphics to give you a new fresh up date look
- Large diameter impregnated Main Drag insures ulta-smooth and long wearing performance.
- Double clickers provide two distinct tones to designate line entering or leaving the spool.
- Double anti-reverse dogs provide positive, fail-safe action on all models.
- Rim control for additional braking on all models.
- Our own Backing Groove on each spool helps anglers accurately determine backing capacity.
- Made from solid bar stock aluminum.
- Easy grip, impact resistant Delrin Handle.
- Corresponding Gamefish on each model. Custom Engraving is also available.
- Comes with an extra thick Neoprene Case for easy storage and transportation.
- Finishes: Platinum / Jet Black Spool
- Each reel is serialized for identification and protection.
- Made and assembled in the U.S.A.
Weight: 11.5 oz.
Frame Size: 3.75″ x 1.96″
Rod Weights: 10-11-12
350 yds. with WF10F
320 yds. with WF11F
300 yds. with WF12F
All with 30 lb. backing
Tarpon, Stripers, King Salmon, Dorado, Shark