Scientific Anglers Skagit Heads
- In stock, ready to ship
- Inventory on the way
FLOATING AND INTERMEDIATE SKAGIT LINES FOR SALMON AND STEELHEAD
A completely redesigned Skagit head series for 2021. Leaving the traditional, level-belly Skagit tapers behind, our new lines are fully tapered from end to end. This provides the smoothest power delivery from the rod, through the line, to the tip, and ultimately to the fly. We have painstakingly optimized the tip diameter of these heads to cover a broad spectrum of sink tip lengths and weights. No matter what you attach to the end, this line will deliver it accurately with authority.
The floating head is available in a visible, but not obnoxious, sky blue color. The back of the head is identified with a black band that contrasts well with bright colored shooting lines.
The intermediate head swings deeper and slower than it’s floating counterpart. Our intermediate Skagit excels at waking up lethargic fish with a deep, tantalizing presentation. It is available in a moss green color that is visible at distance, but not too obnoxious. Like the floating, the back of the intermediate head is identified with a black band that contrasts well with bright colored shooting lines.
- Compact, powerful design with fully tapered belly for consistent turnover and accurate delivery
- Designed to be used with sink tips for targeting steelhead and salmon
- High contrast sighter at the rear of the head identifies the perfect overhang
- Intermediate sink density swings flies deeper and slower than a floating head
- Braided multifilament core for moderate and cold climates
Species: Atlantic Salmon, Salmon, Steelhead, Trout
Water Type: Freshwater
|ITEM NUMBER||LINE WEIGHT||FLOATING HEAD LENGTH||GRAIN WEIGHT*|
|ITEM NUMBER||LINE WEIGHT||INTERMEDIATE HEAD LENGTH||GRAIN WEIGHT*|
* Grain weight for the first 30′